It turns out you’ve got a conflict with the Corvallis Indoor Park job that you signed up for. Here are your options for how to take care of your responsibility.
1. TRADE. Find another Park member to trade with you. We suggest that you get the names and numbers of a couple other parents or caregivers who you see at the Park regularly — before you need to trade.
2. HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR YOU. Ask an adult friend or family member to take the job for you. While we don’t actively promote having someone who is unfamiliar with the Park take on a job, this option is better than missing your job. Anyone who does your job for you must be 18 years or older or be with an adult 18 or older.
If your job is park closing or vacuuming, there will usually be at least one other volunteer present, as well as written instructions on the bulletin board above the cubbies. If your job is toy cleaning, there will be a toy cleaning manager present to show people what to do.
If you ask a non-member to take your job, remember that YOU are responsible for their actions. Remind them to be quiet and respectful of Corvallis Indoor Park and our church host’s property.
3. PAY A SUBSTITUTE. You can pay another member to take your job. The rate is $10 for park closing and vacuuming or $20 for toy cleaning. We maintain lists of people who are willing to do both types of jobs and they will be available here shortly after 2018 registration ends.
We ask that you arrange to pay your substitute in advance. You can do this in person or via an online service like PayPal.com. (If you use a credit card via PayPal, you may have to pay slightly more to cover any fees.) The Park is not responsible for problems that arise between members regarding job substitutions and payment.
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- If you do not show up for your job, you may put your membership at risk. We need to have everyone show up to do their jobs in order to keep the Park running smoothly. We reserve the right to cancel your membership if your job is not completed.
- If you have a medical or family emergency, please contact the Jobs Manager as soon as possible.
- If you trade or arrange to pay another member, contact the Jobs Manager so we can make a note in our jobs database.
- If you arrive for your park closing job and there is not another member there, contact the Jobs Manager.